Since the beginning of the year, Bosch Smart Home has been offering an open interface for selected partners, thus promoting the continuous expansion of its partner network. Following the recent addition of Apple HomeKit, Mercedes-Benz has also joined as a new partner with its MBUX infotainment system. The integration of the Bosch Smart Home System into the carmaker’s new infotainment system will offer its users even more options for controlling their smart homes from their cars. From now on, home is only a voice command away when you’re on the road
Time is short and many things often need to be taken care of quickly in the morning before going to work or before leaving on a road trip. But moments after driving off, our thoughts often turn homeward again: “Did I switch off the light in the hallway? Did I turn down the heating in the bathroom? Did I close the windows and lock the doors?”
In the future, drivers of the new S-Class will receive friendly answers to these questions via MBUX, which notifies them of the current status of their Bosch Smart Home devices even while driving and enables drivers to easily control those devices while on the road. Starting in December, this will initially be possible for the following Bosch Smart Home products: Smart Plug, Room Thermostat, Radiator Thermostat, Shutter Control, Door/Window Contact, Light Control and Motion Detector.
Bosch also makes smart fridges washter/dryers and appliances, maybe someday a driver can ask, “Is there milk, butter and eggs in the fridge?”
The driver’s attention always remains completely focused on the road and the traffic because the status request and control commands work simply and contact-free via the MBUX voice assistant. All the driver needs to do is to ask: “Hey Mercedes, is everything okay at home?” The system automatically responds by sending a status update directly to the car: “The shutters in the bedroom are still open and the light in the bathroom is still on.” The driver can then send specific commands to the smart home: “Hey Mercedes, please lower the shutters in the bedroom all the way down” or “Hey Mercedes, switch off the light in the bathroom”.
This car-to-home integration is achieved thanks to the open partner interface that Bosch Smart Home has been offering since the beginning of the year. The interface enables partners such as Mercedes-Benz to integrate Bosch Smart Home devices into their own solutions via a Cloud API.
“We are very pleased to welcome Mercedes-Benz as another strong partner for our smart home. This collaboration not only creates a meaningful connection between the topics of home and mobility, but also unites our corporate philosophies – ‘Technology for living’ and ‘The best or nothing’ – under a common goal: to bring new lightness and ease to the connected lives of our users, who will benefit greatly from this,” says Christian Thess, Managing Director of Bosch Smart Home, about the new partnership.
“We are delighted to be able to extend our partnership with Bosch in the Smart Home area and are enthusiastic to deliver superior voice-enabled interactions through our MBUX Voice Assistant. Our integration of Bosch’s Smart Home solutions, with its broad range of supported devices, has made it possible for MBUX to strengthen its position as a leader in automotive Voice AI,” says Nils Schanz, Head of User Interaction Voice Control, Mercedes-Benz, has positive words to say about this joint step as well.
The smart home function will initially be available exclusively in the new Mercedes-Benz S-Class starting in December 2020. Gradual expansion to include the manufacturer’s other model series is planned.
Google Nest Hub Max Smart Home Assistant (Chalk, Refurbished, Plain Box) – EXPANSYS Japan
Best Amazon Prime Day Arlo, Nest, Ring, Blink & Smart Home Deals 2020: Top Security Camera, Video Doorbell, Floodlight, Alarm & Philips Hue Sales Presented by Deal Tomato
Prime Day smart home & security camera deals for 2020 are finally here, browse all the latest Prime Day Ring Video Doorbell, Nest Protect & Thermostat, Philips Hue smart LED bulb, Arlo Pro & Blink Mini sales listed belowPrime Day home secur…
Which Smart Home Heating Should You Choose?
Not all smart heating control systems are suited for every lifestyle and home, with some more and less beneficial than others. SMART stands for ‘Self-Monitoring Analysis & Reporting Technology’, and differs from standard heating controls by allowing you to control every aspect of your heating schedule from either a phone or tablet. Although room thermostats and timers allow you to control each room instead of your whole home, as long as you have internet access, smart home heating devices let you control your heating from your phone, no matter where you are in the world.
Today, we’re running through 7 of the best smart heating thermostats and systems, comparing features, benefits and what type of home they’re most suitable for.
– 7 day, & 5/2 day scheduling with a pre-configured schedule included
– Choice of up to 4 time periods a day
– Minimum On-Time & Cycle Rate settings ensuring compatibility with many boilers
– Table stand for ease of positioning
– Alert messages to assist fault-finding with a fail-safe mode
– Wireless technology makes upgrading easier and the installation time shorter with less wiring involved
– Homes that require high levels of automatic control that provide significant energy efficiency for a wide range of boilers and systems.
– Single Heating Zone Control
– 7 Day, 5/2 Day, or 24 Hour Control
– Programmable Room Thermostat
– Easily Programmed With The Associated App
– Homes that are just starting to take the first steps into using smart home heating
– Homes that need a single heating zone control
– Homes that have either combination or standard boiler systems
– Touch-screen interface simplifies scheduling, changing and overriding temperature
– Location-based programming (geo-fencing) adds an automated layer of control, adjusting the customer’s home heating based on their location
– Scheduling features include 7 and 5/2 day bespoke scheduling with up to 6 time periods a day
– Simple flip-up wiring bar for easy access and an easy-to-install boiler or zone valve interface
– Direct wall mounting or wall-box mounting
– Optimisation features include optimum start and stop & delayed start boiler control. Allows the thermostat and boiler to work more efficiently together
– Homes with any boiler and almost every heating system
– Homes with 230V on/off OpenTherm appliances (gas boilers, combi boilers and heat pumps)
– Ability to control water temperature and heating
– Self-learning functions to make every experience a unique one, helping it to understand your home’s needs
– Using a smart weather compensation feature and weather data, the vSMART can tell your boiler how hard it has to work to get your home to your required temperature
– You can connect multiple vSMART controllers to one app
– Homes with Valliant ecoTEC system/open vented boilers
– Households that want to be able to control water temperature from anywhere too
– A 7-day full programmer that gives great flexibility offering up to three on/off switchings per day
– LoT display, providing text feedback that gives help and programming hints
– Automatic Summer/Winter 1 hour time change
– Choice of 3 different built-in programmes
– ‘Holiday’ button
– Homes with heating and stored hot water in complete systems
– Homes with older gravity circulation stored hot water systems, where there’s no interlocking control valve
– Households with different heating needs from day-to-day
– One channel thermostat system with two radiator thermostats to start zoning your system
– Smart heating & hot water control
– Quick & simple to install using an industry-standard backplate
– Easy Zoning with the addition of extra Wiser Radiator Thermostats
– Homes with combination boilers
– Households that want to start a zoned system to control individual zones within the home
– Automatic time and temperature control of domestic heating premises
– Optimum Start, Optimum Stop and Delayed Start
– No installer links or switches on the back of the unit means no adjustment is required for combi boilers and most central heating systems
– Scheduled maintenance alert
– Automatic Summer/Winter time change
– Up to four independent time & temperature settings
– Auto, manual, holiday, override and off (frost) modes
– Domestic premises
– Most central heating systems and combi boilers
For more smart home heating controls, check out our full range today at MonsterPlumb. If you’re not interested in smart technology when it comes to controlling the heating and water temperature in your home, take a look at our selection of heating controls and valves.
IoT3 months ago
Smart Home Tech: What are the best smart thermostat options?
Home Security2 months ago
Getting Past Cybersecurity In IoT Devices And Exploring Their Performance | The Cyber Security Place
IoT2 months ago
Building Solar Energy Monitoring Systems Using IoT – floLIVE
Smart Gadgets2 months ago
VW explains how the ID.4 electric SUV gets smart about coasting
IoT2 months ago
Enerman’s Vision Is To “Provide Innovative Solutions To Save Energy And Reduce Carbon Footprint, Digitize Every PV Plant And Make It IOT Ready” In The Solar Renewable Space.
Home Security2 months ago
Boundary Launch DIY Z-Wave Smart Home Security System – Automated Home
Smart Gadgets2 months ago
China’s Tesla rival Xpeng sets sights on Europe as it delivers first batch of smart electric cars to Norway | South China Morning Post
Smart Lighting3 months ago
The Bluetooth SIG and the DALI Alliance Remove a Big Barrier for Realizing IoT Lighting Potential | Bluetooth® Technology Website