When you get a pet, you love them like a child and want to do anything to keep them safe, happy, and healthy. However, sometimes you have to leave the house and go places where animals are not permitted, like work, the doctor’s office, an upscale restaurant, or on a vacation. When they’re young, it makes sense to have a dog sitter come over and watch your fur baby while you’re gone for extended periods, but for short trips to the grocery store, it might not be worth it to pay for a sitter for just 30-40 minutes.
In these cases, investing in an IoT (Internet of Things) device can be well worth it. An IoT device is easy to use and connects wirelessly to your home network, requiring only high-speed satellite internet, and in the case of pets, it can be a camera that you set up wherever your pet is contained while home alone so that you can keep an eye on them.
Curious about which IoT product might be the best one for you? Check out the list below that we’ve compiled that we know you’ll love and find the best device for your .
1) Pebby Robotic Pet Sitter
Meet Pebby, your go-to entertainment device to use for your pet when you’re too far away to play with them as you normally would. Pebby is essentially a smart collar and ball system which started out on Kickstarter and quickly became popular with pet owners. The system comes with the signature ball, motion sensor collar, charging station, and the app that you can download for free from iTunes or Google Play. The system works in two ways: you can use the ball on its own to entertain your pet by controlling the path and the motion of the ball (which includes driving it into its unique charging station when its running low on battery) or by using it with the collar to sync with the smart ball and track your pet’s activity throughout the day.
You can even keep tabs on their mobility levels, sleep patterns, and more. Plus, with two-way communication capabilities, you can speak to your pet from the ball and listen to them bark or meow back at you. To make it even better, the Pebby ball is waterproof, making it durable even if your rowdy pet splashes it into their water bowl.
If you have a pet, you probably know the worried feeling of watching your pet scarf down food knowing that they will probably be sick from it later. Controlling your pet’s food intake can be even more difficult when you’re away from home, but with Pintofeed, your problem is solved. Pintofeed is an automatic smart feeding system that allows you to use your smartphone to feed your furry friend. Using the app, you can do this from absolutely anywhere, making it perfect for those days when you’re stuck in the office til late in the evening.
Being a smart device, Pintofeed takes in information to learn more about your pet’s daily eating routine so that it can make a schedule. Once the system has completed feeding your pet, it sends a text notification to your phone letting you know how much breakfast, lunch, or dinner your little buddy consumed.
3) FitBark Dog Activity Monitor
Humans aren’t the only ones who need fitness trackers! Your pets, especially the one who’d rather chew on a bone all day than go for a walk, could also benefit from a smart device such as the FitBark Dog Activity Monitor. A small device that can be easily attached to your pup’s collar, the tracker syncs with your smartphone to track your doggo’s activity, sleep, and play 24/7. FitBark can even keep an eye on any possible health conditions your dog may have and lets you know if they are sick by sending a list of their activity details to your phone that can be relayed to your veterinarian.
Perfect for owners who may not be able to be home as often as they’d like, the FitBark is your ideal device to making sure your pet is safe, healthy, and happy even when you’re not close enough to check on your own.
As pet owners, we all know how sad it can be to leave your pet after a great weekend of playtime and return to the office. Now, however, devices like Petcube give us an extra dose of comfort throughout our day. An interactive WiFi pet camera, Petcube can be controlled easily through their mobile app where you can watch your pet’s activities through a live feed, zoom in on them, and communicate with them via the device’s 2-way audio.
To take this monitoring device a step further, there’s even a pet-safe laser installed in it that you can use to entertain and play with your pet from anywhere in the world. And, when they start rolling over and being cutesy, you can snap a pic from the app so that you never miss a snuggly, adorable moment.
For outside pets, or pets with a sense of adventure, it can be scary leaving them home alone knowing that they may break their leash or stray too far from home. This can apply in particular to cats who spend most of their time outdoors while you’re at work. With Whistle, a GPS tracker for dogs and cats, you can take the fear out of leaving for the day with this device that knows the location of your pet 24/7. By using fast and accurate tracking technology, Whistle transfers essential data from its position on your pet’s collar directly to your smartphone and lets you know via notification if your pet has gone too far from home. Whether your pet has gone 3 miles or 3,000 miles away, Whistle will be able to track them down and bring them home to you, safe and sound.
Google Nest Hub Max Smart Home Assistant (Chalk, Refurbished, Plain Box) – EXPANSYS Japan
Best Amazon Prime Day Arlo, Nest, Ring, Blink & Smart Home Deals 2020: Top Security Camera, Video Doorbell, Floodlight, Alarm & Philips Hue Sales Presented by Deal Tomato
Prime Day smart home & security camera deals for 2020 are finally here, browse all the latest Prime Day Ring Video Doorbell, Nest Protect & Thermostat, Philips Hue smart LED bulb, Arlo Pro & Blink Mini sales listed belowPrime Day home secur…
Which Smart Home Heating Should You Choose?
Not all smart heating control systems are suited for every lifestyle and home, with some more and less beneficial than others. SMART stands for ‘Self-Monitoring Analysis & Reporting Technology’, and differs from standard heating controls by allowing you to control every aspect of your heating schedule from either a phone or tablet. Although room thermostats and timers allow you to control each room instead of your whole home, as long as you have internet access, smart home heating devices let you control your heating from your phone, no matter where you are in the world.
Today, we’re running through 7 of the best smart heating thermostats and systems, comparing features, benefits and what type of home they’re most suitable for.
– 7 day, & 5/2 day scheduling with a pre-configured schedule included
– Choice of up to 4 time periods a day
– Minimum On-Time & Cycle Rate settings ensuring compatibility with many boilers
– Table stand for ease of positioning
– Alert messages to assist fault-finding with a fail-safe mode
– Wireless technology makes upgrading easier and the installation time shorter with less wiring involved
– Homes that require high levels of automatic control that provide significant energy efficiency for a wide range of boilers and systems.
– Single Heating Zone Control
– 7 Day, 5/2 Day, or 24 Hour Control
– Programmable Room Thermostat
– Easily Programmed With The Associated App
– Homes that are just starting to take the first steps into using smart home heating
– Homes that need a single heating zone control
– Homes that have either combination or standard boiler systems
– Touch-screen interface simplifies scheduling, changing and overriding temperature
– Location-based programming (geo-fencing) adds an automated layer of control, adjusting the customer’s home heating based on their location
– Scheduling features include 7 and 5/2 day bespoke scheduling with up to 6 time periods a day
– Simple flip-up wiring bar for easy access and an easy-to-install boiler or zone valve interface
– Direct wall mounting or wall-box mounting
– Optimisation features include optimum start and stop & delayed start boiler control. Allows the thermostat and boiler to work more efficiently together
– Homes with any boiler and almost every heating system
– Homes with 230V on/off OpenTherm appliances (gas boilers, combi boilers and heat pumps)
– Ability to control water temperature and heating
– Self-learning functions to make every experience a unique one, helping it to understand your home’s needs
– Using a smart weather compensation feature and weather data, the vSMART can tell your boiler how hard it has to work to get your home to your required temperature
– You can connect multiple vSMART controllers to one app
– Homes with Valliant ecoTEC system/open vented boilers
– Households that want to be able to control water temperature from anywhere too
– A 7-day full programmer that gives great flexibility offering up to three on/off switchings per day
– LoT display, providing text feedback that gives help and programming hints
– Automatic Summer/Winter 1 hour time change
– Choice of 3 different built-in programmes
– ‘Holiday’ button
– Homes with heating and stored hot water in complete systems
– Homes with older gravity circulation stored hot water systems, where there’s no interlocking control valve
– Households with different heating needs from day-to-day
– One channel thermostat system with two radiator thermostats to start zoning your system
– Smart heating & hot water control
– Quick & simple to install using an industry-standard backplate
– Easy Zoning with the addition of extra Wiser Radiator Thermostats
– Homes with combination boilers
– Households that want to start a zoned system to control individual zones within the home
– Automatic time and temperature control of domestic heating premises
– Optimum Start, Optimum Stop and Delayed Start
– No installer links or switches on the back of the unit means no adjustment is required for combi boilers and most central heating systems
– Scheduled maintenance alert
– Automatic Summer/Winter time change
– Up to four independent time & temperature settings
– Auto, manual, holiday, override and off (frost) modes
– Domestic premises
– Most central heating systems and combi boilers
For more smart home heating controls, check out our full range today at MonsterPlumb. If you’re not interested in smart technology when it comes to controlling the heating and water temperature in your home, take a look at our selection of heating controls and valves.
IoT3 months ago
Smart Home Tech: What are the best smart thermostat options?
Home Security2 months ago
Getting Past Cybersecurity In IoT Devices And Exploring Their Performance | The Cyber Security Place
IoT2 months ago
Building Solar Energy Monitoring Systems Using IoT – floLIVE
Smart Gadgets2 months ago
VW explains how the ID.4 electric SUV gets smart about coasting
IoT2 months ago
Enerman’s Vision Is To “Provide Innovative Solutions To Save Energy And Reduce Carbon Footprint, Digitize Every PV Plant And Make It IOT Ready” In The Solar Renewable Space.
Home Security2 months ago
Boundary Launch DIY Z-Wave Smart Home Security System – Automated Home
Smart Gadgets2 months ago
China’s Tesla rival Xpeng sets sights on Europe as it delivers first batch of smart electric cars to Norway | South China Morning Post
IoT2 months ago
Purina to take guesswork out of pet nutrition with IoT ‘smart bowl’ – Smart City